FIREWORKS: On Wednesday, March 8 at 6:35 p.m., the Rays host the Colombian National Team at Charlotte Sports Park as part of a World Baseball Classic exhibition game. Fans in attendance will enjoy a fireworks display following the game.
ST. PATRICK'S DAY: On Friday, March 17, the Rays will celebrate St. Patrick's Day with themed giveaways, music, and food and drink specials for fans in attendance during the game against the Minnesota Twins at 1:05 p.m. Rays players will wear special green hats during the game, which will be auctioned off with the proceeds benefiting Rays community partners in the Charlotte County area.
GIVEAWAYS: The Rays 2017 spring training schedule will feature several giveaway dates for fans in attendance at Charlotte Sports Park. Fans are encouraged to visit raysbaseball.com/spring to see the most up-to-date promotional schedule.
· On Sunday, March 12 vs. the Toronto Blue Jays, the first 500 kids age 14 and under will receive a Plastic Bat & Ball Set, presented by Chevrolet.
· On Tuesday, March 14 vs. the New York Yankees, the first 500 kids age 14 and under will receive a Raymond Wall Decal.
· On Friday, March 17 vs. the Minnesota Twins, the first 500 kids age 14 and under will receive a Bucket Hat, presented by TradeWinds Island Resorts.
· On Sunday March 19 vs. the Philadelphia Phillies, the first 500 kids age 14 and under will receive an Inflatable Chair.
· On Saturday, March 25 vs. the Boston Red Sox, the first 1,000 fans will receive a Raymond and DJ Kitty Bobblehead, presented by Suncoast Credit Union.
TICKETS: Tickets for Rays Spring Training are available for purchase at raysbaseball.com/spring, the Charlotte Sports Park box office, Tropicana Field box office, Rays Tampa Store (400 N. Tampa St.) or by calling (888) 652-7223. Spring Training Season Tickets continue to offer the best seats with the greatest benefits and start at only $325 for the Rays 18-game home schedule at Charlotte Sports Park. Spring 3-Game Packs and group ticket opportunities are also available at discounted pricing.
NEW VIDEO BOARD: The 2017 Spring Training season will feature a new video board inside Charlotte Sports Park. The 15'6" by 36" wide HD video board from Daktronics was installed in place of the scoreboard previously located in left field. The video board will be used to provide game scoring and statistical information, in-game video and entertainment for fans in attendance.
SAFETY FIRST: In response to Major League Baseball's security regulations for spring training ballparks, Rays Spring Training home games played at Charlotte Sports Park will feature enhanced security procedures consistent with those in place for regular-season games at Tropicana Field. Among these regulations, all fans in attendance will be subject to metal detectors and/or hand wands upon entry. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and be prepared to follow instructions as they enter the ballpark. Gates open two hours prior to each respective game. The Rays and Charlotte Sports Park are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable ballpark experience for our guests.